When we were kids getting a cold was a blast. We got to stay home from school, keep cosy in our pyjamas all day, and Mum would rent a Nintendo from Blockbuster to Donkey Kong (or at least my Mum would), but those days are long gone. We’re not always able to take time off work or study, and so we must expose our red, sniffily noses, puffy eyes and sickly pale complexion to the world, or do we? Here are some makeup tips for when you’re suffering from a Winter cold.
1. Conceal those under eye circles! Dark circles are never flattering, but they get even worse when you’re sick because there’s extra fluid in your face. You skin changes colour when you’re not 100%, so your regular concealer might be a tad too dark. We recommend the Savoir Faire concealer because it comes with two colours, so you can mix it to match your current shade.
2. Having a cold can drain colour from your face, making imperfections stand out. If you’ve got red marks or scars, try using a green tinted concealer to cover these areas. It might look a bit funny on the brush, but it really helps to cancel out that unwanted colour.
3. Your red nose has stolen all the colour from your cheeks, so you’ll need to brighten them up with a bit of blush! Try applying your blush a bit higher on your cheeks than usual to help lift your whole face. The MeMeMe Blush comes in a range of colours and a super cute box. Even better it’s at a reduced price in the bellabox shop right now!
4. If you can help it, try not to apply anything other than a moisturiser and a little concealer around your nose. Constantly sneezing and blowing your nose will only smudge any foundation you put there, and could end up ruining the rest of your makeup.
5. You know how when you don’t wear mascara people ask if you’re ill? Well if you actually are ill and you don’t wear mascara, you’re really going to look sick. Provided your eyes aren’t too sore, wear a little more eye makeup than you would usually. A bit of mascara and eye-liner can really open up the whole face. The Model Co. Fat Lash Mascara is popular for a reason. This volumising mascara is non-drying on the lashes and extremely buildable. You can shop it now in the bellabox store.
What are your best sniffle-proof makeup tips? Let us know in the comments!