Designed to do everything from smoothing fine lines to hydrating, de-puffing, detoxifying and brightening dark circles, under-eye masks are the reigning celeb addiction flooding our Insta feeds. And we are 100% here for them!
Beloved by the hottest MUAs and celebs including Jessica Alba and our #1 girl-crush Chrissy Teigen, under-eye gel masks are a party girl’s MVP. Helping you fake your way to a solid 8 hours sleep, here’s everything you need to know about them.
The mask we’re loving RN
As featured in your July bellabox, we’re loving Nerium’s Eye-V™Moisture Boost Hydrogel Patches. These heavenly patches have a gel texture that feels blissful on the skin as they hydrate, brighten and plump the skin, they’re the ultimate pain-free eye lift.
Packed full of goodness, SIG-1191™ is a patented ingredient that acts as a super antioxidant, protecting the delicate eye area, while I-FIL4R™ – an exclusive ingredient from white lily and Brazilian ginseng – reduces the appearance of fine lines, puffiness and dark circles. Hydromoist helps the skin retain moisture, aloe vera hydrates, lavender soothes and astringent echinacea extract fights ageing.
For all skin types (they’re dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested), they have five major benefits:
1. Hydrating the eye area
2. Brightening skin under the eyes
3. Firming the look of under-eye skin
4. Reducing the appearance of puffiness
5. Diminishing the appearance of fine lines
How to apply
Remove your patches from the pouch and apply to clean, dry, under-eye skin (with the N facing away from the skin). The patches should stay in place if you move around, but we prefer to jump in the bath or lie back and relax as the powerful ingredients work their magic. Remove after 20 minutes, then pat any remaining serum into your plumped up, rejuvenated skin.
When to apply
While any time is a good time to eye mask-up (we do it at least once a week), here are a few favourites.
* At the same time as your favourite fave mask. Because, why treat just one area when you can address multiple skin issues with multi-masking!
* As they’re infused with soothing, sleep-inducing lavender, we like popping our hydrogel patches on for a little chill sesh just before bed.
* On a plane. They’re the perfect in-flight hydrator to combat the lack of cabin humidity!
* Before applying makeup. This is one of our top hacks for when no amount of concealer will hide our tired-looking eyes. With plumped-up, rehydrated skin, makeup glides on smoothly, instead of settling into fine lines. One more tip: Put them on while you do your eye makeup! It’s a great way to catch and discard eye shadow fall out.