Everyone’s talking about eyebrows right now – defined, filled in, thick, Cara Delevingne-esque brows are the most coveted facial feature around.
But how do you get perfect brows? I’m breaking it down into a more natural look, with no scary tricks. I have followed my natural arch, and I have tweezed any stray hairs. I have not waxed my eyebrows in a few months, but if you are unsure about the shape of your brows I highly recommend getting them waxed and shaped.
1. Brush out your eyebrows into your desired shape. I have used the spooley brush on the end of my Brow Wiz.
2. Draw a thin line underneath your brow with the Brow Wiz to define your shape. This helps guide you when you start filling in your eyebrow.
3. Now it’s time to fill in your brow. Using very short, light strokes begin to colour in your eyebrow. To explain what I mean, there is a little example below. Click the image to get it moving. Stop every few strokes and look in a mirror so you don’t go too dark or heavy, and to make sure your brows are even.
This is how to get the most of your Brow Wiz!
4. With the spooley brush on your Brow Wiz, blend the colour into your brows. This helps make your brows look more natural, rather than heavily made up.
5. Apply your Brow Duality around your brow. This double ended pencil is both a highlighter and a concealer, and will brighten up the skin around your eyebrow and make it look way more defined and clean. Note: I have brightened this up with Photoshop, so you can see where I have applied the Brow Duality. It does not come out this white. You can also use a small amount of concealer and your regular highlighter in the same way. Blend blend blend with your fingertip or a brush.
6. Apply a light coat of Clear Brow Gel across your eyebrow to set it in place. This will stop any product shifting down your face. And you’re done! That’s all that is required to get a Hollywood defined brow.
A note on all those intimidating Instagram and Pinterest brow tutorials. Some of them are downright scary! There is Photoshop involved in a lot of those tutorial images. Lines have been cleaned up, skin has been softened, blemishes have been removed and colours have been enhanced to create the perfect eyebrow. Plus there are generally a huge number of products used, often more than are listed.
What do you use on your brows? Let me know in the comments - Julia