This week we are super lucky to speak with talented makeup artist Claire Vyverberg and steal some of her tips and tricks, learnt from applying tones of products onto hundreds of faces during her 8 years as a freelance makeup artist. I was blown away when listening to Claire speak and demonstrate her skills recently, and couldn't wait to share her knowledge with all of our bella beauties here! Read on for Claire's spectacular beauty advice...
Makeup by Claire Vyverberg
What is your favorite thing about working in the beauty industry?
Working with new products and experimenting with different looks and ideas. I always get inspired by the creative people around me . I feel so lucky to be able to work in such an artistic, playful field with amazing people who are blessed with imaginative minds and original style.
Is there a successful cult makeup artist who has inspired your work?
François Nars, he pioneered the “no make up look” and I swear by it. It’s the key to a seriously beautiful makeup application.
In terms of skincare, what are your top three tips for getting great skin as a canvas for makeup?
3. See a skin specialist and get advice on the RIGHT products for your skin/ skin concerns
What is, in your opinion, the biggest beauty mistake girls usually make?
Applying under eye concealor that is too thick and heavy. The wrong concealor under the eye can enhance fine lines and wrinkles, accentuate dehydration and it can even enhance dark circles. Nothing is more ageing to the face! (bb recommends Savior Faire Concealer and Finishing Powder)
Makeup wise, if you had to narrow it down to 5 products, what would you choose as the best beauty staples that every woman should have in her beauty loot?
1. A makeup primer- “use this over your moisturiser and underneath your foundation. It will prevent breakouts, minimise oil & shine and give your foundation more staying power” Try: NARS Pro-Prime Makeup Primer
2. A no-show foundation- “in other words, less is more. Gone are the days of masque-like coverage and heavy powders. The aim is to even out the skin tone and illuminate the complexion. Think tinted moisturisers and mineral powders”.
3. A super concealor- “this a girls best friend when it comes to hiding a pimple and faking a good nights sleep. Used correctly this can hide a multitude of sins” Try: By Terry Touch Expert
4. A natural blush- “A subtle hint of colour on the apples of your cheeks is a youthful look and gives the illusion of good health and happiness…pretty and natural is best”.
5. A good mascara- “there is no excuse for clumpy lashes. It’s that simple" Try: Lancome Hypnose (Original) or Dior NewLook Mascara
I am sure you'll agree, Claire's advice is super useful for any makeup lover out there, or simply for those of us who need a little brushing up on our beauty skills and knowledge! If you loved Claire's insider advice, make sure you stay tuned for next week when we bring you Part 2 of Claire's interview. She even answers some of our most burning beauty questions from bb too!
If you'd love to learn more about Claire, her amazing work and experience - which includes working for some huge names such as:
• L’Oreal Fashion Festival
• Australian Idol
• Project Runway
• Grazia, RUSSH, Madison, Sunday Magazine, BRIDE, Real Weddings, Bride To Be
• Qantas Airlines
• Sass and Bide
• AFL Brownlow Medal
• The Footy Show
• Melbourne Bridal Expo
• Royal Children’s Hospital
... simply visit www.clairevyverberg.com and enquire about her fantastic services (I've seen her work in the flesh and highly recommend it!) Until next week! - Lauren